Time is money.
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.
I decided to tackle time and money in the same month, as I have a very similar relationship to both. I often become stressed and anxious about the lack of time or the lack of money. I do not feel in control over my schedule or my finances. Time and money seem to disappear, and I don't know where it's going. I never have a buffer. I spend out the first days after I get paid, and by the end of the month I usually have zero money, or worse...negative money. In a similar way, I do not have a time-buffer. When I have deadlines, I am working until last minute.
Moreover, there is of course a very close relationship between time and money. We exchange one for the other. We give our time to our employers, instead we get money to buy food, clothes and other stuff. And some of that stuff, when you come to think about it may really not be worth your time...
My October Resolutions
- Wake up 6:20
- Be present
- Monitor/log every penny
- Take a few days where I log my time, minute from minute
- Be proactive
- Make weekly plans
- No non-essential spending
- Bring lunch to work
- Say positive affirmations about abundance (in terms of both time and money)
- Do not stress about time or money
My October Goals
- Read: Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Revised and Updated for the 21st Century and the first two chapters in The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Finish my tasks at least a day before their deadline
- Have at least 300 dkk (approx. 50 usd) in my bank account at the end of the month