Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October: Impeccable Time and Money

Taking responsibility


Time is money.
-Benjamin Franklin

Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.
-Harvey MacKay

I decided to tackle time and money in the same month, as I have a very similar relationship to both. I often become stressed and anxious about the lack of time or the lack of money. I do not feel in control over my schedule or my finances. Time and money seem to disappear, and I don't know where it's going. I never have a buffer. I spend out the first days after I get paid, and by the end of the month I usually have zero money, or worse...negative money. In a similar way, I do not have a time-buffer. When I have deadlines, I am working until last minute.

Moreover, there is of course a very close relationship between time and money. We exchange one for the other. We give our time to our employers, instead we get money to buy food, clothes and other stuff. And some of that stuff, when you come to think about it may really not be worth your time...

My October Resolutions

  • Wake up 6:20
  • Be present
  • Monitor/log every penny
  • Take a few days where I log my time, minute from minute
  • Be proactive
  • Make weekly plans
  • No non-essential spending
  • Bring lunch to work
  • Say positive affirmations about abundance (in terms of both time and money)
  • Do not stress about time or money

My October Goals

No comments:

Post a Comment