Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November: back to basics

November is the sixth month of my impeccable project. I feel like now is the time to sit down, take a breath and evaluate the progress I've made so far. I want to use this month to reestablish and reinforce some of my earlier resolutions. Moreover, I want to take time to finish some unfinished projects...making space for new, more exciting ones:)

For the last couple of months I also feel like my resolution charts have grown out of control, and I have been slacking on some of my more important habits, such as my meditation practice, my gratitude journal and I've also found it difficult to find the time to sit down and write posts for this blog. However, these resolutions are the foundation to my project. The feeling of balance and happiness that comes with meditating and focusing on gratitude is truly amazing. And this blog has been so valuable to me. Writing the posts helps to keep me on track, but more importantly it has given me the opportunity to interact with and get inspiration from other bloggers on a similar journey. So...

Resolutions that I want to reiterate this month:

  • meditate
  • write in my gratitude jorunal
  • blog at least 2x a week
  • be present
  • bring lunch to work (healthier and saves money)
  • be proactive: focus on voice, posture, and excuses


Tasks that I want to finish in November:

  • empty my email inboxes (there are currently 3756 emails that need to be processed)
  • finish the blanket I'm knitting
  • Christmas presents (part of my impeccable time/stop doing things last minute resolution;))


Looking back:

  • June *Mind and Positivity*: In June I started meditating, writing in my gratitude journal, exercising on regular basis, and I also started this blog. I focused on happiness, and read several books on the topic. This month really was a success, and a great way to start the project. I think of this as the basis for everything, and want to continue focusing as much as I can on positivity and happiness. In the last couple of months I have been slacking in this area, and it is very important to me to get back on track...
  • July *Home*: In July I focused on my home, both the apartment we live in, but also on getting to know Copenhagen a little bit better. I bought flowers, lit candles, made the bed every day, decluttered...and walked a lot arount the city. Many of the habits from this month have really stuck. I wish I was better at keeping the clutter away...but there is definitely an improvement. After some delays, I painted my children's room, and gave away four or five boxes of toys. That room looks so much better now, and the children are actually much better at playing in their room now when they have fewer toys:)
  • August *Family*: This month was really important to me, as I worked on my relationship with my children. To lighten up, be more patient, be better at talking and listening. This was super successful, and our communications have really transformed. This alone has made the project worthwhile:)
  • September *Work*: I wanted to use September to decrease stress, and to become more organized at work. This was not a very successful month. But hopefully some of the work I did that month will prove to be useful for progressing in the future.
  • October *Time and Money*: Unfortunately I did not address my money issues at all that month. I did continue working on my relationship with time, and made some improvements. But apparently this is not an easy task for me...so this will continue to be on my agenda. In October, I also started reading the 7 habits of highly effective people. The first habit is to be more proactive, and I have been working on that with some success. That alone makes me feel like I achieved something of imporatance in October:)


Looking forward:

    I've rearranged the rest of my project a bit and now the calander looks like this:
  • December: Impeccable Fun and Friendship - be there, reach out, lighten up and have fun
  • January: Impeccable Health and Beauty - find ways to treat myself and my body better and with more respect
  • February: Impeccable Love and Marriage - be kind, have fun, love infinitely and unconditionally
  • March: Impeccable Passion and Meaning - Find my passion, work on independence, and "being me", make time time for what is important
  • April: Environment and Nature - find ways to enjoy nature and be kinder to the environment
  • May: Bootcamp Impeccable


luv, Di.

No comments:

Post a Comment