Thursday, May 31, 2012

my personal commandments

my personal commandments are similar to Gretchen's (author of The Happiness Project). I particularly loved her commandment "be Gretchen". Although I don't want to be Gretchen - I want to be me;)
  • Be me
    I feel like I have lost my sense of self a little bit over the last few years. I tend to avoid conflicts and do my best to please everyone around me. But I have learned that it is more important to be true to myself, my heart and my personality.
  • Be a role model
    Children tend to imitate their parents. My kids are my biggest reason for wanting to become a better person. If I am happy, positive, enthusiastic, loving, etc - it is more likely that they will become happy, positive, enthusiastic and loving when they grow up.
  • Step out of your comfort zone
  • Love
    Remember that we are capable of infinite love, and that true love is unconditional.
  • Find the silver lining
    Be more of a Pollyanna:) Remember "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."
  • Have fun
    Don't take life too seriously. Don't take yourself too seriously.
  • Don't postpone or hesitate
    Unpleasant, tedious or scary tasks are not going to be any easier to tackle tomorrow or any other day.
  • Think in solutions
  • Enjoy your failures - learn from your mistakes


And here are two great posts on being happy and positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment